Wednesday 15 January 2014

>>>beauty banter: 2014 BEAUTY RESOLUTIONS - PART TWO

Part two of 2014’s new years beauty reso’s to make a girl look and feel great – how hard can self indulgence be?

4.    Rise and shine :
Or maybe I spoke to soon… I am going to attempt to rewind the time an hour or so for my morning wake up call. How does getting up earlier act as a beauty resolution? I’ll have more time to linger over my look in hopes to pull something more creative out of the bag than my bold but by now boring bright lip/nude eyes combo. This time will more than likely be spent lingering over breakfast/the news/instagram/daydreaming  but if it means I arrive at work wide awake fresh and less sweaty rushed mess then I am all for an extra hour of me time. Sleep when you’re dead.

5.    Use lip liner:
Many of my clever and well informed makeup artist friends extol  the virtues of using lip liner – to which I eye-roll and huff about a meaningless and excessive extra step. Lately though I have been experimenting with different colored lip liners under lippies to adjust the colour with the result being that other than creating a whole exciting new lipstick colour I have noted - remarkably that my lipstick has been lasting a lot longer. Who would have thought?! Smartie make-up artists that’s who.  So with those extra minutes I have up my sleeve from resolution #4 I vow to be more diligent with my lip prep – it’ll save me more in the long run anyway as my lipstick lasts from work through play.


6.    Find the perfect blush:
2013 saw me settling… Settling for blush colours that just were not giving me the chubby cheeks characteristic of a satisfied smile. I have tons of blushes, but none that really made my heart beat faster. It got under my skin all year – well no more! This year I will do something I preach so passionately to my friends – try before you buy. I’ll save money and avoid the raging red face of blush buyers remorse. I love a shimmer free satiny finish in peachy corally pink so I’ll be paying a visit to beauty mecca Mecca Cosmetica to try (before I buy) some NARS blush goodness. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment