Thursday 9 January 2014

>>>beauty banter: 2014 BEAUTY RESOLUTIONS - PART ONE

   I am pretty good with my beauty regimen, more out of need than actual motivation as I am ocd about keeping my skin clean (after hours of course) and also very unwilling to present my un-maquillage-d mug to the poor unsuspecting public. But in the spirit of it being a new year, a fresh new start, a time of change, personal development etc etc etc why not make a few fun, simple, self absorbed beauty promises to myself – all in aid of making one feel more beautiful – there could be harder more serious resolutions after all, non?

1.       Take better care of my oral health
A fresh clean mouth is as important to one’s personal grooming as applying deodorant. I am talking about going beyond the twice daily teeth brush – I vow to floss daily until I get my hands all over a Philips AirFloss, I will tongue scrape,  and I will pearl drop – all in pursuit of a fresh smelling (and feeling), brightly shining, (and by then) smug looking smile.

2.       Commit to the green juice
I know. But what better way to start the day than getting a whole bunch of your 5+ out of the way before breakfast? I have found my ultimate recipe here. We all know, deep down that beauty does start on the inside, and beyond the obvious health benefits of consuming a daily dose of greens I want for my eyes to shine brighter, hair to be swishier, my skin to glow ridiculously and my energy to be higher. I am putting a lot of eggs in your basket green juice...

3.       Get firm with my hairdresser


I love my hairdresser, I really do – he keeps my hair in tip top shape and foils it just so every time. But no amount of gently suggesting “BRIGHTER!”, “BLONDER!” seems to cut through. This year I shalt not gently suggest but firmly insist that he takes me to the perfect bright, buttery Bergdorf blonde of my fantasies.

No comments:

Post a Comment