Saturday 13 September 2014

>>>the foundation files: YSL PERFECT TOUCH RADIANT BRUSH FOUNDATION

The search for the perfect (aka “holy grail”) foundation that offers complexion perfection is one that many image invested (we could also use the term vanity), beauty lovers undertake with great joy and enthusiasm.
If the base is ace then everything else is just embellishment to enhance and extend facial beauty. A beautiful base is one that radiates health, happiness and vitality, or at least alludes to it, and gives you supreme confidence to face the world with your best face forward. 
I gave up a while ago searching for just one chalice of beige-y glow inducing liquid light, with the realization that there are so many gorgeous formulations on the market that it is impossible just to commit happily to one, forever. With that in mind I love to try out and test as many bottles of base as possible, in my quest to indulging myself in faux flawless skin. It is a mission I take very seriously, passionately and approach with great ardor and eagerness (thank-fully I know I am not alone in this seemingly trivial first-world endeavor) and now have full justification for as I wrap it all up in a new folder here on LE GLOSSIER – The Foundation Files. The Foundation Files will profile my favorite foundations (of which there are many), that I have personally tested and have evaluated to be absolutely fabulous.

My preference for foundation is sheer coverage, medium at max (laboring under the illusion that I can fool all that I have just naturally perfect skin thank-you, ha!), preferably long wearing, and any finish from dewy to stain to matte. I can, however, be very easily swayed by whatever the glossy advertisement promises me – especially so if it features an alien skinned Eastern European girl-child and swoon worthy words such as “glow”, “flawless”, “radiant” or their fanciful relatives “aura”, “sublime” or “incandescent”.

The first foundation to feature on The Foundation Files is, fittingly my very favorite foundation. YSL Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation is a bit of an oldie, but my oh my, such a goodie. I have purchased it many times over and I always think this is a good way of evaluating how much you like a product. If you can give it your loving loyalty and not just ditch it for the next hot new thing then you have found a firm favorite. Perfect Touch Foundation by YSL launched back in 2006 and woo-ed me with it’s convincing “baby-skin complex”. Envisioning my skin looking positively embryonic, fresh and youthful, I just had to have it. The “baby-skin complex” promise has since been dropped from the latest marketing for this product but it still delivers a result that is incredibly satisfying. The coverage is sheer and it has a gorgeous, very natural finish. It’s not matte or dewy, just realistic and skin-like. The glow that it gives, importantly, doesn't come from added shimmers and glitters, just the formulation that promises to restore skins optimal hydration level. It does give the skin a very gorgeous, softly glowing veil of coverage that I truly adore and come back to every time. In terms of wear and longevity, I feel that this gets better as the day ticks on. I always finish my foundation with a super light dusting of translucent powder, which always helps keep things in place for longer. This foundation seems to be very compatible with skins natural oil and moisture, as the gorgeous glow only enhances throughout the day. It has never left my skin looking slimy or greasy, just lit from within and lovely.  The texture is light and fluid-y and spreads easily. The color range is great with good, skin true colors available.
Another really great thing about YSL Perfect Touch is that it is 40mls in size, 10mls more than a standard foundation.
A feature of YSL Perfect Touch is, as you might guess, that it has a brush attached to then end. For me it is superfluous, I find it a little odd and un-hygienic, but fab if you were in a hurry and unconcerned about germs. The foundation squeezes through the brush bristles after you have twisted the container to open and release the product. I always just squeeze it through the bristles and onto my hand and apply from there.
The price is reflective of its luxury brand status, at $98. If you choose to indulge in this beauty, you do get the extra 10mls, and a flawless gorgeous finish. I have been purchasing this consistently for seven years, and nothing has yet eclipsed my love for the beautiful result and joy I get from this foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment